Monday, April 21, 2008

First Exchange Received!

Well, my very first partner got my very first puffy today and sent an email thanking me. I had so much fun with these exchanges that I just can't wait to get started on the new ones! This was my bookmark exchange. I made 2 bookmarks and a little turtle. Heres the pics. The bookmarks were both patterns from one of my mags. And the turtle was KristieMN's on Crochetville.

This first one is the hearts bookmark. You can't really see the hearts too well, I should have used a darker pink, but I do like it.





















I got a close up of a heart to see it better
















This is the butterfly bookmark. I used the hook size that the pattern called for and I should've known better because when I crochet with yarn, I always have to go up a size or 2 in hooks, so I should've known to do it with steel hooks & thread too. So, this one came out a bit thin and I had to add about 3 more butterflies, but I really liked it too.
















Ooops, I just noticed that I should've rotated that pic first so you can really see the butterflies.
Oh well, just tilt your head!! lol

And lastly, here is the tiny striped turtle from Crochetville. Hes so cute, I now need to make 4 more for my boys, they love him!
















I will post pics of my other exchange items as soon as I know she got them. I'm sure it will be soon since I mailed them both at the same time.

No comments: